New Beginnings does not have attorneys on staff. Advocates are not able to provide legal advice. However, New Beginnings can provide a number of  legal referrals to resources within the area that provide low-cost/free legal services to victims/survivors of domestic, sexual, and stalking violence with a number of legal matters.

DOVE Project

The DOVE Project, is a program of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Pro Bono Referral Program that provides free legal representation to qualifying clients at final Domestic Violence Restraining Order hearings under New Hampshire RSA 173-B, “Protection of Persons from Domestic Violence.” To be represented by a volunteer DOVE attorney, you must contact New Beginnings or your local New Hampshire domestic violence services agency. When you apply for assistance through DOVE, domestic violence advocates will ask for details about your situation and finances. They need this information to see if you qualify for representation by a DOVE attorney.

Legal Advice & Referral Center (LARC)

Phone: 1.800.639.5290 or 603.224.3333
LARC is a private, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services to eligible, low-income people anywhere in New Hampshire. Attorneys and paralegals provide legal advice by telephone in the areas of the law listed below. Our clients’ information is kept completely confidential. Are able to provide help to clients with problems in the following areas:

  • Bankruptcy
  • Benefits/Welfare
  • Employment
  • Civil Rights
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family
  • Education
  • Taxes
  • Senior Citizens
  • Housing/Foreclosure

After an interview to find out about your legal problem they provide legal advice over the telephone, and ongoing support to represent yourself. In some cases LARC may advocate on behalf of clients with the adverse party (for example, with the landlord or the local welfare officer.) They refer many cases to the Pro Bono Program of the New Hampshire Bar Association, New Hampshire Legal Assistance, the Civil Practice Clinic at Franklin Pierce Law Center, Disabilities Rights Center, State agencies and independent organizations. They provide self-help materials in many areas of the law, including areas in which they do not provide direct assistance.

New Hampshire Legal Assistance (NHLA)

Phone: 603.227.9195 or 1.800.634.8989
Assistance through NHLA needs to be accessed by a crisis center advocate or the LARC referral process. Over the past thirty-five years, NHLA has provided civil legal services for low-income and elderly people in New Hampshire. Throughout our history, NHLA has worked with two goals in mind: serving as a community law office for low-income people, and providing a strong and skillful voice for systemic change to remove economic and social barriers to their full participation in the life of our healthy and prosperous state.


The Superior and district court websites provide general information on the court process, directions to the court house, and downloadable court forms. Court clerks may be able to address specific questions about your case.

Belknap County Superior Court
Phone: (603) 524.3570
64 Court St.
Laconia, NH 03246
Office of Victim Witness Assistance (603) 527.5440

Laconia District Court (4th Circuit)
Serving: Laconia, Meredith, New Hampton, Gilford, Belmont, Alton, Gilmanton, Center Harbor, and Barnstead
Phone: 1.855.212.1234
26 Academy St.
Laconia, NH 03246

Franklin District Court (6th Circuit)
Serving: Franklin, Northfield, Danbury, Andover, Boscawen, Salisbury, Hill, Webster, Sanbornton, Tilton, Lochmere & Winnisquam
Phone: 1.855.212.1234
7 Hancock Terrace
Franklin, NH 03235