- Threats to your safety, or the safety of those you love
- Destruction of your property
- Being treated like hired help or less than human
- Forced sexual acts by anyone, including your spouse or partner
- Control over what you do, who you see or talk to, how you spend your free-time, etc.
- Economic control: not being allowed to work outside the home, only having access to money given in an allowance by your partner, etc.
New Beginnings provides a safe place for all women fleeing domestic violence and their children. Our office and shelter location occupy one building, and the location is disclosed to the community. Our shelter is a residential home with private rooms for single women as well as families. All non-bedroom spaces are communal, including:
- full kitchen
- living room
- dining area
- children’s play room
- laundry room
- Namaste Meditation & Herb/Vegetable gardens; cultivated by guest & other service users
As a guest at New Beginnings, you will have access to 24/7 support from trained crisis advocates. We encourage and support working towards goals that will help to rebuild your life free from violence. These goals may include, but are not limited to: vocational/educational goals, parenting skills, sobriety, daily-living skills, finances, healthy relationship building, etc.